The McCubbins Girls

We were invited to go to the temple with a new family in our ward to do baptism. The night before I had texted Deanne, because I knew she had a bunch of family names. But sharing them just wasn't working and I wasn't sure if the temple would be able to print the files I had! Before we headed out I decided to look really quick to see if Mike or I had any family names. We both had a few so I saved them to my phone. When I got to the temple desk to print the names everyone seemed to be in the middle of something. I sat patiently for a few min and then finally someone came over. I could tell she was busy, so I decided to not bother with D's names and just handed her the code to print the ones I had found.

We went down to the baptistery, during the baptism, they had called me in to help in the bathroom to pass out towels and mop up the excess water. I was happy to help. However because I was in the bathroom, I missed seeing the kids being baptised, but I really didn't mind. We've done this dozens of times! It actually didn't even cross my mind to be in the room!

After they were baptised, they went to the next room to be confirmed and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost for their people they baptised. During this confirmation, I felt the spirit so strongly when one of the names was read and was happy I could be there with Aubree to feel that spirit. 

Later that day, I decided to try and look up the names we took to the temple. I wasn't sure how to find them since they no longer give you your cards back. I did some looking around the family search app and found the names we did; Beilah McCubbins and Gladys Mildred McCubbins! While looking at these two names I realized they were sisters. I could see their parents had already had their work done for them and were just waiting for their 2 girls to have their work done!!

I couldn't help but imagine one happy reunion in heaven that day!

UPDATE 7/13: Today I was able to take Beilah McCubbins and Gladys Mildred McCubbins to the temple to do their initiatory! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We All Matter...