This weekend I went to the beach with my herd of elephants (nope I’m not talking about big butts and oversized ears). It was just what my soul needed. I was in need of some serious rejuvenation! We laughed, we cried...but all good tears, tears of joy and of the spirit. My takeaways from this weekend:
The people you spend the most time with shape who you are. They determine what conversations dominate your attention. They affect which attitudes and behaviors you are regularly exposed. Eventually you start to think like they think and behave like they behave....so surround yourself with good people that lift you up! Jim Rohn: “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
Don’t judge! You have no idea what anyone's back story is…
Something I learned from Debbie on our way home that I need to hang on to is: school is my Goliath. Just as David had to be resourceful because killing Goliath wasn’t going to happen the conventional way, he had to take his past experiences and be resourceful to conquer this one. A’s don’t magically show up on my report cards, they are worked hard for! I need to just need to remember, be resourceful, trust in the Lord and stay positive...
♥️Kelli
Comments
Post a Comment