KNOW

Last week I felt impressed to go through my old talks.  I keep a pretty thick file of old talks in my filing cabinet.  I couldn't believe all the experiences that I had forgotten as I read through that big stack of talks.  One in particular stood out to me.  I felt I should share it and Kelli gave me the perfect forum. 

Several years ago when I was going through the most difficult time of my life I was praying very hard one day to know if my Father in Heaven knew what I was going through and if He really cared.  I have always received strength from the scriptures so I pulled them out.  I am sure you have all tried it, I closed my eyes let them fall open and put down my finger on the page.  You can imagine my disappointment when I realized it had opened up to the topical guide.  Tears trickled down my face with discouragement.  I thought I really need a boost and I am not going to find it in the topical guide, but then when I lifted my finger I realized it was on the word KNOW.  

As I began to read through the references this is what I read:  I know thee by name,  Be still and know that I am God,  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee,  your Father knows what things ye have need of,  He knows all things,  hear my voice and see me and know that I am,  all things are numbered unto me...and I know them.  

Not only did He give me exactly what I needed but an overdose.  He didn't just direct me to one scripture He directed me to several with just the message I needed.  You can imagine the tears that flowed to know that He did in fact know me and what I was going through and that He cared.  

He does know us and is in the details of our lives.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why do bad things happen?

Sacrament Talk March 2021: Armor of God