The Case of the Missing Headphones

Last night I enlisted Spencer in helping me find my headphones that had been missing for over 2 weeks. I thought maybe I just needed a fresh set of eyes. We got out the flashlights and looked through every imaginable spot in the house and even the garage, but to no avail, no headphones! I began to lose hope. 

This morning I was getting ready to go to the temple and I had 10 mins before I needed to leave, so I decided I would spend 10 more mins looking. Well big surprise, I got sidetracked and started looking through my journal from Time Out For Woman and came across this note, "Go to the temple with very specific questions".

My missing headphones popped into my head, but that seemed like a silly "specific" question to take to the temple. I also had this inkling of fear and doubt, what if I pray about it in the temple and I still don't find them...?!?! So instead, as I walked into the temple, I decided to text my prayer warriors and ask them to pray for my missing headphones!

I went in the temple, did what I was there to do, then found a quiet corner of the celestial room and began to pray. The headphones popped into my head but again doubt crept into my mind. I continued to pray about other things and then as if I was almost being forced to ask, I said, show me where my headphones are, and then I waited. And in that moment my black floral backpack popped into my mind. My mind started to wonder to other places as I was sure I had already checked there, but all my thoughts were brought back to this backpack. 

As I left the temple, I texted Spencer, "On my way home. ETA 30. And check my black floral backpack for my headphones!! It's hanging in my closet." 

He replied right back, "Ye they were in there, I'll leave em on the table."

I called off my prayer warrior friends, no need to pray for me, found em! And went to my car and felt pure joy and love for my Savior. It obviously wasn't about my silly pink headphones, it was the amazing lesson the Lord taught me. He truly cares about the details of our lives. He is there always. He doesn't care, big or small...he cares. And the clarity we can have and feel in the temple is so amazing. If He can show me where to look for my headphones, imagine the other things we can learn from being in the temple, The House of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do bad things happen?

Sacrament Talk March 2021: Armor of God